Thursday, August 8, 2013

For Carli; a surprise in my life

I unfortunately cannot make a video because I'm letting a friend borrow my camera for an extended period of time while they're away on a trip, but I just wanted to share something that happened to me last week. I'm the kind of person who genuinely enjoys just talking to people and learning about them, and last week I was just walking around the downtown block in the city I'm in and came across this younger girl (probably 14 or so) sitting on a bench looking a little bit sad so I asked to sit next to her and just chatted with her for a while. She was an incredibly talented young girl, was in theatre, choir, band and athletics, but she was feeling awful because apparently people at her school are just horrible to her and make her feel unattractive and cause her to lose friends. Her mother was walking up from a store down the street and I talked to her and she agreed to meet up with me about an hour from then, so I went to Sephora and bought this girl all the makeup she would need for starting off. When i saw her again I talked to her about me once being in that position till I found something I was passionate about, which was makeup, and taught her how to use all of it and she felt absolutely beautiful and on top of the world after that. It made myself and her mother so happy to see and her mom started crying. I learned from the mother shortly after that, that Tiffany (the young girl) had attempted suicide a couple of times and she had feared that it would happen again soon but all of that fear had entirely dissipated from me just spending time with her and talking to her. So now she and I spend every Monday and Thursday nights hanging out at my apartment just having girl time and making her feel special and loved. This whole fast friendship with her has completely touched my life in the best of ways and it makes me that much happier that I've touched her's. I absolutely love that you, Carli, put so much effort and emphasis on being a good person. People really don't understand how something so little can completely change a persons life. Thank you for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment